Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

26.8.08

First Grade!!!

Today was Hyrum's first day of first grade. We were very happy to have school start but then on the way, I got so nervous for my little boy. Afterall, it is a new school and it's the first time Hyrum's been gone all day long. I really missed my big helper. However, I think we all faired pretty well and made it through the day. And, Hyrum had a WONDERFUL time!! He loves his new school and all the new friends. He loves getting 2 resesses this year and eating lunch at school. He's very excited that he will start having homework almost everyday this year (oh if only that excitement over homework would last. . .)
This is the outside of the school as it is right now. The nice new building ran into some building delays so rather than postponing the start of school, they decided to use an old elementary that was no longer in use until the building is done. In the middle of the school year the kids will have three days off so that they can move. Even though it is an older building, it's not so bad inside and they have really put the space therein to great use and it's really great for the kids.
Obviously called Venture Academy and I am so excited for this opportunity for Hyrum.
Here he comes after school. I love the way they release their students. It may take a bit longer, but it's a lot safer. Depending on where we live, we have different pickup zones. Then we have to have a zone sign with our student's name on it. The monitors read the tags, get the kids, and release them to their vehicle. I like that he doesn't have to wander about trying to find me or running through the parking lot and people not paying attention in his effort to get to me. It's definitely more calming for me.
Happy boy. Once I saw that smiling face, I knew it had been a great day!!
So handsome in his school uniform. That's another thing I really like. I love that he has to wear a uniform. Their philosophy is that it helps to maintain the focus on education rather than on the latest hot clothes and who is wearing them and who isn't. I'm all for that. He loves it because if he wants, he can wear a blue shirt every day. However, I hope he will sport the red or white one on occasion.

I am so proud of my big little boy. I can't believe that he is 6 1/2 and in the first grade. I am so happy that he loves his new school and had such a wonderful day. I love him so much. Here's hoping for a wonderful new year.

1 comment:

Linds said...

He looks just like his dad in that last picture!