Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

23.8.08

Journal 2

Outside my window- Don't know, don't care.  I have my blinds closed tonight.

I am thinking- How much I miss my husband.

I am thankful for- The fact that I was married for time and all eternity and am able to keep an eternal perspective for the most part when it comes to this deployment. 

 From the kitchen- nothing right now, it's nighttime.  I cooked sloppy joes for dinner, and just finished cleaning the kitchen.

I am creating- another baby blanket for another friend.  So many people having babies or getting married this summer.

I am going- well to bed here before too long.

I am wearing- black yoga pants and a burnt orange polo shirt.

I am reading- well I just finished Pillage today and I'm thinking perhaps of rereading Inkheart.

I am hoping-  for a wonderful Sabbath tomorrow.  I hate that I have afternoon church but hopefully we will still all be in the spirit by then.  I'm also hoping for a good night tonight for the kids-no more nightmares please!!!!

I am hearing- the clock ticking.  I love these new bedroom arrangements for the kids because now when I put them to bed, they actually go to bed and fall asleep instead of playing all night long and coming in and out.  It's so peaceful now in the evening, something I am definitely enjoying.

Around the house- well I think I've got it all done for tomorrow.  I cleaned the kitchen counters and sink, put away the dishes, loaded the dishwasher, took out all the trash, vacuumed downstairs, cleaned both bathrooms, got the kids bathed, and folded laundry.  I actually have a clean house for Sunday.

One of my favorite things- the smell of lilacs in full bloom.

A few plans for the rest of the week- well technically I think this week is at an end.  Tomorrow is Sunday so obviously we are off to church.  Monday, visiting teaching.  Tuesday, first day of school for Hyrum, he's off the the 1st grade and we are all very excited.  Get the new computer set up and Hyrum's desk built.  I don't know.  Probably grocery shopping in there somewhere and hopefully Emma's preschool program will be here before too long and I can get her going on that.  Plus, there is the gym everyday, including another day of volunteering in the daycare on Thursday and man am I hoping for a better one this week with half those kids in school--30 kids (4 of which were infants), 2 adults, not a good mix!!!

Here is a picture thought for you:
My bella daughter.  So beautiful and innocent.  She is one of my biggest trials in this world and one of the most amazing people I know.  She is so full of passion and love.  She is so sweet and strong.  She is scared of every imaginable bug (even the imagined ones).  She whines, she cries, she laughs, she sings, she dances, she pouts.  She is emotion.  At the end of the day. . . I can't thank the Lord enough that the ultrasound was wrong for this little one and my life was blessed with the daughter I never knew I wanted.  I love her so very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture of Emma. What a sweet little girl! Her eyes are gorgeous too.