Book Blog

I ask you all to head on over to my Book Blog as well. . . And spread the word!!

http://ruthiebookblog.blogspot.com/

4.8.08

Peoria Zoo

Well we are here in Illinois visiting my folks. Saturday was my dad's only day off so we wanted to spend the day as a family, and in our family this is as close as one can get. We all went to Peoria. Dad, Kerrin, Travis, and Will went to Borders; My mom, Keith, me and the kids hit the little zoo. Then we all met up and went out to the Olive Garden to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday. Actually, it was a really fun day, just wish that everyone was more into being together even if it means doing something they don't overly want to do, but oh well.

The kids had an absolute blast at the zoo, but then again, if you know my kids, that's not overly surprising. It was definitely a tiny zoo, but that's okay.
Danny just chillin' in his stroller. He was pretty hot, soaked in sweat by the time we were done, and he had the easy job.
Hyrum in front of the meerkats. Those things were big compared to the ones in the Hoogle Zoo.
Keith and Mom resting. The kids had to stop for a snack.
Brother and sister. Can you tell we are related? I don't know, he's kind of goofy looking, but I loves me bro.
Porter LOVES the zoo!!!! This is him and the capabera (that's not spelled right, but oh well). When we were getting ready for church yesterday, we were all ready and Porter heads to the door and goes, "okay we go zoo!" That kid would live there if I let him.
Emma rides the camel. Emma had a trying day. You enter the zoo via the gift shop and then into a big tunnel to see some of the animals. We were just going into the tunnel, when all of a sudden something started screeching. It startled me. It TERRIFIED Emma. That girl bolted!!! She was screaming crying, and wouldn't go in the tunnel again. Keith had to carry her on his shoulders. That got her in there, but she still was terrified. It turned out to be the spider monkeys at the end of the tunnel screaming at each other. They were sure loud, and they made it quite the adventure with Emma in tow.
This is the second terrifying experience for Emma that day. Yes, that is a squirrel. It got pretty close to us while we were snacking and that girl was wiggin'. It ran off when I first tried to get it's picture and then every time it turned and looked at her, Emma would start screaming crying. That girl is WEIRD!! But it sure did make me laugh.
Mom and Emma. She's so beautiful, even if she had a tough day.
Me and Dan. That was the best I could get with him. If my head is near his, he takes to grabbing.
Yup, Keith carrying Emma so that she would even go into the zoo.
Me and my Hyrum. He's such a big helper, and he had so much fun.
Me and Porter. The first time I tried this, he screamed at me, so I figured, I'll placate him with food and then take the picture.

All in all it was a great day. It wasn't near as humid as it had been so even with the heat, it was a tolerable day. I was downright exhausted by the end of the day. Dan has had me up at 6:30 a.m. or earlier the whole time we've been here. I usually go walking with my mom though so that's been nice. Kind of miss that this week because she's gotta be at work at 4:30 this week, but oh well.

Also, sucky thing that's happened!! Dan has thrush (for anyone that doesn't know, that would be a yeast infection in his mouth). Now in and of itself, that's not horrible, but I am nursing (that would be all Dan's fault too), and as a result, he gave it to me and so we were passing it back and forth, and nursing had become absolute torture for me, so yesterday we had to go to the ER here and have a doctor look at it all and get on medication. I have to say, it's amazing how fast those medications work!! He's happier, and I definitely am!!

2 comments:

Jenny and Jon said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a fun time! When are you coming back to Utah?

Morgan said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time! Hope you and Danny both feel much better soon!